Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Sudoku Capturer Release 1.7

Hi everyone, I'm happy to announce a new release for my Android Sudoku Solver application.

Refueling ""Spokane Sun God""

This release is mainly a service release, I've polished the source a little bit and made it compatible with current developments on the underlying image processing library, OpenCV.

For this I had to update the application to API Level 21, which makes it incompatible with many devices. I'll see how things will develop here, with the current implementation you will need a rather recent phone with a high quality camera, which support this API level anyways. One advantage now is that I've managed to encapsulate the OpenCV API such that I can reuse it in other apps as well, which is a nice thing.

If you are interested in the details, have a look at the source code on github. The application is also an example how to develop image processing algorithms on a desktop environment (using JavaFX) and reusing the code then on a mobile device. Like this you save yourself much development time.

Give it a try and let me know what you think. You can download it for free on the google play store

No comments:

Post a Comment